Roasted Pineapples and Sweet Potatoes
If you are looking for a holiday sweet potato dish that is not overloaded with sugar, butter, and marshmallows, here is the perfect recipe for you. It still has all the wonderful flavor of the holiday classic.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 c pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into half-inch pieces.
- Trim pineapple and core it. Cut into one-inch pieces
- Place sweet potatoes and pineapples on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use clean hand to toss everything together until well-coated.
- Roast the dish for about 15 minutes. Stir in pecans and continue roasting another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and browned in places.
- Transfer to a platter. (If desired, drizzle with a bit more olive oil.) Serve hot.