Artichoke Pepper Casserole
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6.5) oz jar artichoke quarters and pieces
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c almond meal (or other ground nuts)
- 1 orange or red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 c chopped cabbage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8" cake pan or 8" square pan
- Drain artichoke and snip any large pieces in half with kitchen sheers. Set aside
- Remove seeds and membranes from peppers and cut them in 1/2 inch squares.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and artichokes. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, savory and salt. Mix well.
- Add sour cream and almond meal. Cook another 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the orange and green pepper, cabbage, savory and salt. Sauté a final 3 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish and bake 35 minutes. Serve hot.