Salsa Fresca : Pico de Gallo
The seasoning in this salsa is super easy. Just buy ready-mixed Pico de Gallo Mexican seasoning. It contains salt and mixed hot chili peppers. This salsa fresca is great on omelets, veggie burgers or even on baked potatoes. Refrigerate it, and use it within 3 days.
Makes 4 cups.
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 spring onions (green onions), chopped
- Pico de Gallo Mexican seasoning to taste
- You can either chop everything very finely by hand, or do a medium chop on everything, then add them to a food processor and pulse them several times until they are nicely minced.
- Sprinkle in the Pico de Gallo Mexican seasoning a little at a time, until you have the perfect flavor.
- Refrigerate and use within 3 days.