Greek VinaigretteThis is a very intensely, but perfectly, flavored vinaigrette. Use much less than you would ordinarily use, about 1-2 tablespoons per family sized salad, and toss well. This dressing goes nicely on a salad including some of the following: Romaine lettuce, Kalamata olives, Pepperoncini, red bell pepper, red onion, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, and croutons.
Makes 3/4 cup.
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano (or 1 tsp dry oregano leaves)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or 1/2 tsp sea salt)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until fully emulsified.
- Use sparingly and toss the salad well.
- Pour unused dressing into a small tightly covered bottle. Refrigerate and use within a week.