Zesty Vegetarian Pasta SaladHere is my take on a classic Italian pasta salad. This is a great picnic/summertime dish that can be made a day ahead. Your guests will truly love it!
Makes about 12 cups.
- 12 oz dry tricolor rotini pasta
- 1-14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1-4 oz can sliced ripe olives
- 16 oz grape tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 c broccoflower, broken in small florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- (1) .6 oz packet Zesty Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 c salad oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Rinse under cold water briefly, drain thoroughly.
- Drain the artichoke hearts well and cut each in quarters. Lay the artichoke pieces and the drained olive slices on a clean towel and pat dry until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a 5-quart bowl or pot, blend the pasta, artichoke hearts, olives, grape tomatoes, parsley, green onions, broccoflower, and red bell pepper.
- In a pint jar or cruet, blend the packet of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix, vinegar, water and salad oil until well-incorporated. Pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Cover salad tightly and chill until served, tossing again before plating. (This salad is best on the second day.) Serve cold.