Salami Pasta Salad : VegetarianUse our recipe for Salami Seitan to make this delicious pasta salad, or use your favorite vegetarian cold cuts.
- 1 c uncooked small pasta
- 1/3 c chopped green onions
- 1/3 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c cubed veggie salami (seitan)
- 1/2 c cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained (or use 1/4 c sliced ripe olives)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, cool, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cubed salami, cubed cheddar, parsley, and capers and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add this to the pasta mixture and toss.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.