Pomegranate Rice Salad
This beautiful salad can make a main course luncheon dish or side salad for a vegetarian meal. It is the perfect bring-along Autumn salad!
Makes about 6 cups.
- 2 medium pomegranates
- 3 c cooked rice
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 c celery, finely chopped
- 1 chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c unsalted peanuts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mint (or 1 Tbsp minced fresh)
- Score circumference of pomegranates with a sharp knife. Twist apart. Pull out seeds and place them in a large salad bowl, removing all membranes.
- Add red bell pepper, celery, parsley, cranberries, and peanuts.
- Pour over the oil and vinegar. Sprinkle on the mint. Toss salad gently. Serve immediately or chill and serve within two days.