Persimmon Waldorf Salad
This salad has an exotic flare with the starring role of delectable persimmons. Choose firm persimmons that are just ripe and still have "bite" to them.
- 2 medium persimmons, peeled, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- dash salt
- dash nutmeg
- Place persimmons, bananas, celery and walnuts in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl or cup, blend the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey and salt.
- Spoon dressing onto the salad and toss gently. Add dash of nutmeg to top.
- Serve chilled.