Jicama Diced Salad
This is a crunchy salad that goes well with spicy dishes. It packs well in lunch boxes, and may be used as an appetizer as well with its refreshing, slightly sweet flavor.
- 1 1/2 c jicama, peeled, diced
- 1/2 c carrots, peeled, diced
- 1/2 c yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 c green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet limes, juiced (or 1 regular lime)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Pico De Gallo seasoning or chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, toss together the jicama, carrots, squash, pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, cilantro, Pico De Gallo seasoning, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately or within 2 days, refrigerating the salad between servings.