Greek Red Cabbage Salad
I find it easier to chop the vegetables and herbs in this salad by hand. That way you get just the right size and texture for your salad. This is a very delicious start to any vegetarian meal, and it is low in calories too!
Make about 4 cups.
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 2 c radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 c minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 jalapeno or other hot chili peppers, seeded, minced
- 2 Tbsp capers, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Core the red cabbage and finely chop, using a chef's knife.
- Place in a salad bowl with the radishes, mint, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by blending together the capers, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well until coated throughout. For best flavor, cover tightly and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.