Broccoflower is a mild-tasting vegetable that makes a refreshing summer salad. I love a touch of mint on this broccoflower salad. It can be made ahead of time and will keep well for a day or two!
- 1 small head broccoflower, cut in small florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 c chopped kale
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1-2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 Tbsp mint or parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare a bowl of icy water.
- In a medium pot of boiling water on medium heat, place the broccoflower and carrots. Bring back to boil and boil 2 minutes. Drain and place broccoflower and carrots in the icy water for a couple of minutes. Drain and place on a clean towel to dry.
- In a large bowl, place the kale, bell pepper, celery and mint. Add the drained broccoflower and carrots and toss together.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and add 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing to the bowl of vegetables. Toss well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours for best flavor.
- Place chilled salad in a large shallow dish and serve.