Black-Eyed Peas and Cilantro SaladThis is a lovely salad that can be cooked the day before serving it. You can use canned or frozen (and cooked) black-eyed peas, but for best flavor, buy dried peas, soak overnight, and simmer slowly for about 20 minutes.
- 1 c cooked black-eyed peas, cooled and drained
- 1 1/2 c cooked rice, cooled
- 1 c cilantro, stems removed and minced
- 1/4 c red onion, minced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mint
- lemon slices
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together and garnish with sliced lemon.
- Chill at least 3 hours for all flavors to blend.