Tofu Sandwich FillingThis vegan filling is not as perishable as mayonnaise and egg fillings; it will stay fresh longer in your lunch bag. This filling works nicely in a wrap sandwich, especially on whole wheat tortillas.
Makes 2 cups.
- 12 oz firm silken style tofu
- 1/3 c celery, minced
- 1/3 c green onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp capers, minced
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Rinse and drain tofu well.
- In a medium bowl, mash tofu with a fork until it resembles chopped eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Serve on whole wheat or rye bread.