Baby Limas and FriChik StewMy family has always enjoyed Worthington FriChik, a vegetarian product that tastes like tender fried chicken. It's absolutely delicious in this stew!
- 1/2 lb dry baby Lima beans
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp each: dry sage, thyme, rosemary and garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley or cilantro
- 1-12.5 oz can Worthington Fri-chik Original
- 1/4 tsp season salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c croutons
- Wash and sort beans carefully. Soak overnight. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain Lima beans, reserving liquid. Set aside.
- In large pot, heat oil. Saute onions over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute another 2 minutes.
- Stir in sage, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder and parsley. Saute another minute.
- Add 1 cup reserved bean liquid, drained Lima beans, Fri-Chik with its gravy, season salt, and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, topped with croutons or oyster crackers.