Mushroom Potato LasagnaI love the fresh dill in this recipe! You can still have a great dish using dry dill (just use half as much), but fresh dill in this dish is the kicker.
- 9 lasagna noodles (about 8-9 oz)
- 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 5 oz Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 oz MorningStar Farms Griller crumbles or similar
- 1-10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian mushroom flavor stir-fry sauce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 2 c marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, minced (divided use)
- 6 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook noodles according to package directions (or use oven-ready noodles)
- In a heavy skillet on medium heat, melt the butter. Add mushrooms and onions and saute 3-4 minutes. Stir in the Griller Crumbles and saute another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the condensed mushroom soup, stir fry sauce, and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch lasagna pan, pour a spoonful of the marinara sauce and spread thinly.
- Add three noodles side by side.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato slices with the remaining marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of the fresh dill. Toss until all potato slices are well coated. Layer half of the potatoes over the noodles.
- Add a second layer of noodles, followed by all of the mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on top, followed by a third layer of noodles.
- Spread the remaining potatoes/marinara sauce evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover with tin foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Allow to stand 10-15 minutes before sprinkling with the remaining tablespoon of dill and serving.