Walnut Kale Crunchies : DehydratorIf you are fortunate enough to own a dehydrator, this recipe is a must-try. These Dehydrated Kale Crunchies make a tasty snack that is low in calories, low in carbs, and high in nutrition.
Makes about 4 ounces or 8 servings.
- 1 c walnuts
- 1 large bunch kale (organic is best here)
- dash salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place the walnuts in a medium bowl, and cover barely with water. Allow to stand 2-4 hours.
- Wash and dry kale. Leave stems in, only trimming any brown ends. Break into sprigs of kale, about 3 inches long and place in a large bowl.
- Drain walnuts and place in blender. Add salt, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy paste consistency. Add the walnut mixture to the kale and toss well.
- Dehydrate in single layer* at 125 degrees F for 7-11 hours or until crispy.
Note: This recipe will fill 2-3 racks, and the racks will need to be spaced apart to allow for the height of the leaves.