Tree Collard Omelette
- 1/2 c water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 c chopped tree collards (remove tough stems)
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped zucchini
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Beat eggs, oregano, rosemary, salt and red pepper flakes together. Set aside.
- To a 10-inch oven-proof skillet on medium heat, add the water and oil.
- Add tree collards, onion and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add eggs mixture, spreading evenly over vegetables.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until bottom is set up, but top is still somewhat uncooked.
- Place in broiler, 6 inches below flame. Broil 2 minutes, or until top is golden and set up.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before loosening edges with a knife and transferring to a serving platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.