Wheat Germ Cheese Crackers
The wheat germ and cheese in these crackers make them high in protein. These are crackers with no additives or artificial ingredients, and your family will love them!
Makes about 2 dozen crackers.
- 2/3 c regular or raw wheat germ
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp herbes de provence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 c softened butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, blend all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Use clean hand to knead the dough a few times, until well-mixed.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the top with a little bit of flour and use a rolling pin to roll the dough 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut round crackers, using a 2 1/4 inch biscuit cutter. Re-roll scraps of dough until all the dough is cut. Transfer the crackers to (2) ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake each sheet of crackers separately in the center of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer baked crackers to a cooling rack immediately and cool completely before serving.