This is such an easy dish to make from ingredients on your pantry shelf. Very nutritious and tasty too!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-8 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 1-14 oz can Allens Mixed Greens, mustard and turnip
- 1 1/2 c cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided use)
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp dry dill
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and butter a 2 quart baking dish or pan.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the olive oil. Saute the onions for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add well-drained mushrooms. Drain the greens and squeeze dry. Add to the bowl.
- Stir in the rice, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, the cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, flour, dill, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes; blend well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish/pan and smooth evenly. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve hot.